The PFI Freediver Course with NANAIMO DIVE OUTFITTERS
Who should take this course?
This program teaches fundamental freediving techniques. It allows you to comfortably enjoy the aquatic world to depths of up to 20 m/66 ft. You will also practice static apnea. This helps develop your breath-holding abilities and in-water comfort.
Your PFI Freediver course will cover fundamental topics such as:
- Essential safety procedures for breath-holding at the Freediver level
- Proper breathing techniques for freediving and snorkeling
- Confined water skill development
- Open water skill development
- Equalization for depth diving
- Equipment for freediving and snorkeling
- The fundamental physics and physiology of freediving; understand what happens to your body at depth
What will you learn?
To earn PFI Freediver certification, students must be able to:
- Demonstrate adequate safe buddy skills, showing how to perform a rescue to PFI standards
- Perform a minimum 1:30 static breath hold in the pool with the opportunity to increase to maximum capacity
- Dive using proper technique to at least 10 m/33 ft with constant weight and free immersion using the PFI method of entrance and exit with proper recovery breathing
How can you start learning now?
Contact us and get started with the PFI on-line academics.
What freediving gear will you use?
In the PFI Freediver course, you learn to use a mask, snorkel and fins, and may also use a wetsuit and weight belt. Using gear designed specifically for freediving is best, however, in this course, you may be able to use snorkeling equipment you already own.
Check with us about the gear you’ll use during this course and get advice about everything you need from your PADI Freediver Instructor.